Every year NGO CSW/NY presents the Women of Distinction Award to a woman in recognition of her leadership in the struggle for gender equality, human rights and women’s empowerment. The awardee gives the Keynote Address at the Consultation Day, the launch of the CSW62 Forum. The award is presented at the NGO CSW/NY Reception.
The honoree should be:
- A leader of distinction in her field of expertise and a role model usually from a developing country (this is not required);
- An advocate for positive social change to close the leadership gap, implement the SDGs, particularly SDG5, to create a more equitable society;
- A public speaker who can address” challenges and opportunities and empowerment of rural women and girls,” the priority theme of CSW 62;
- An activist who will benefit from participation in the NGO CSW Forum, including Consultation Day (she must be available to speak at Consultation Day);
- A leader who can make a difference when she returns home;
- Must be available to travel to the United Nations, New York from March 8th, 2018 to March 14th, 2018
Please email names of nominees with supporting documents (letter of nomination, curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th, 2017. The names and bios of previous Women of Distinction Awardees are on the NGO CSW/NY website.
Please submit nominations to WoDA@ngocsw.org