We are so excited to announce these dynamic and phenomenal young women who are part of the Young women’s Global Advisory Council!
The key objective of this Young Women’s Global Advisory Council is to give counsel on the way forward to achieving Goal 2035 of:
By 2035, 100 million young women and girls transform power structures to create justice, gender equality and a world without violence and war; leading a sustainable YWCA movement,
inclusive of all women.
We kindly asked them to share with us a quote that has inspired their leadership and what they do and these were their responses:
- Nive Sharat Chandran – New Zealand – “Of course I want to be successful but I don’t crave success for me, I need to be successful to gain enough milk and honey to help those around me succeed.”
- Hanya Abdallah – Palestine – “Success it’s about the difference you make in your community.”
- Varaidzo Magogo Matimba – Zimbabwe – ” Where there is no vision, the people perish.”
- Sophia Pierre Antoine – Haiti – “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.”
- Ja Pan Awn – Myanmar – “Just do small things with great love.”
- Heather Redman – USA – “Dismiss me, declare your doubts, then watch me change the world.”
- Lisa Gascoigne – Australia – “I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard.”
- Johanna Svanelid – Sweden – “You have to act as if it were possible to radically transform the world. And you have to do it all the time.
- Isabella Díaz – Honduras – “Leaders are developers, team builders, imaginers, culture caretakers, roadblock removers and inspirers. Their success depends on enabling the success of others.”