The World YWCA Office in Geneva, Switzerland has a new open position. This is an exciting opportunity for a young woman who is passionate about women’s rights, to gain professional experience in an international environment. If you fit the job description below, we invite you to apply by sending your cv and cover letter to email@example.com
Reports to: Head of Programmes
- To represent diverse young women and girls of the YWCA movement within networks, training and advocacy events,
- To promote and raise the voice and profile of YWCA young women and girls regionally and internationally
- To manage the Young Women’s Leadership Council
- To serve as a key resource person and link the young women and girls to the World YWCA Board, World YWCA Office, YWCA Member Associations and key partners
- To co-manage Young Women and Girls intergenerational and transformative leadership programmes within the movement
- To manage global initiatives that aim to strengthen our engagement with young women and girls with key internal and external partners and stakeholders, including networks
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and promote the meaningful engagement and participation of young women and girls in all YWCA related work
- Manage the Young Women’s LeadershipCouncil; The Young Women’s Champions Network and collaborate with the World YWCA Communications Department on our young women’s blog
- Lead the development and implementation of the advocacy strategy for Young Women and Girls’ meaningful participation and engagement towards the achievement of Vision 2035
- Serve as the focal point for all Young Women and Girls’ strategic involvement in different platforms regionally and internationally
- Promote and advocate for Young Women and Girls’ intergenerational and transformative leadership internally and externally
- Develop and write advocacy statements in collaboration with the World YWCA Communications Department
- Follow and share with young women and girls all international developments in advocacy, in areas including violence against women, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, and other issues related to the Human Rights of women and girls
- Coordinate the long and short term intern recruitment process, including the orientation programme
- Manage the short term interns
- Develop, design and implement training programmes targeted at young women and girls
- Manage programme budgets with the support of the Finance team
- Maintain a safe, caring and supportive environment, within and outside the movement for young women and girls by providing technical support and mentoring at all levels
- Document best practices and identify capacity-building needs for young women and girls
- Contribute content in support of communications activities
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Programmes and the World YWCA Leadership Team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in development, women’s rights, leadership, social work, or any other related field.
- Minimum two years of experience or knowledge in programme development and/or implementation.
- Experience sharing information on different social media channels, as well as working with traditional media
- Applicants must be young women (30 and under), and we particularly encourage those below the age of 24 to apply.
- A strong commitment and passion for achieving women’s rights, with a particular focus on young women and girls
- A good working knowledge of English, both oral and written, is essential. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as administrative and organizational skills
- Independent, hardworking, flexible and creative
- Experience and/or knowledge in advocacy and/or activism on women’s rights are an advantage.
- Knowledge of word, excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to travel
- Knowledge of and previous involvement with the YWCA is an advantage
How to apply
Please send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 20 September.