2018 marks the 10th year of YWCA of Albania Breast Cancer awareness work. On this occasion the YWCA of Albania launched the campaign on March 2018, and it will run until the end of October 2018, under the theme: “The battle against breast cancer continues…”
The YWCA of Albania established a close partnership with the Embassy of United States in Albania and Top Media, and with the support also from Ministry of Health, HYGEIA Hospital, and the Pharmaceutical Company “La Roche”, to successfully organize the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.
The main purpose of the campaign is to increase awareness on the challenges women fighting with breast cancer face every day, as well as to identify ways on how to influence the government to increase the budget against breast cancer in general and more specifically so that women can be treated according to contemporary protocols.
The campaign entail the following elements:
Announcement of the Campaign Ambassador, the world famous soprano Mrs. Ermonela Jaho, through a video message that she has prepared and will be shared and delivered in all social media channels, and other online media. Click here to view video!
- City- lights in Tirana main streets
- TV spot on the main TV along the campaign period
- Bank account number for people to donate at Abi Bank
- Donate a coffee for breast cancer– in the Sophie café networks
- Public reading of the Open Letter on issues concerning breast cancer patients
- Open forums in areas of Kruja, Berat, Kukes, Elbasan, Vlora, Pogradec and Permet, where various doctors will share information on breast cancer and recent therapy treatments. This opened forums will bring together around 100- 150 people in each.
- Production of a documentary on the lives of Albanian women with breast cancer and the challenges they face.
This campaign will be also use to ask health policy makers at all levels to make the issues of breast cancer patients a priority on their agenda, and to lobby in the government and parliament to increase the budget for treatment.
Follow the YWCA of Albania for more information here!