In June 2020, the World YWCA distributed funds from its fundraising campaign, the COVID Crisis Response Fund, to assist YWCA member associations (MAs) in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the impacts of this crisis continue to challenge the day-to-day lives of all, the World YWCA has continued fundraising efforts which resulted inthe Government of Finland, a current World YWCA institutional donor, approving funding for the World YWCA COVID Crisis Response Fund.
Similarly to the first funding in June 2020, these additional funds are meant to provide support in the face of the continuing challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic and all implications of confinement measures.
The World YWCA therefore invites YWCA member associations, including local associations, to read the guidelines carefully submit proposals to the second round of COVID Crisis Response Fund by no later than Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:59pm CET.
Proposals submitted shall meet at least one of the following outcomes in response to the COVID-19 crisis:
- Protect and support vulnerable women and girls through access to critical information and commodities.
- Reduce the knock-on effects of the pandemic on women and girls.
- Get COVID-19 support to the communities of women, young women and girls who need it the most and are most vulnerable.
- Keep women and girls safe from domestic harm.
- Support women, young women and girls’ access to safe spaces, where they can get spiritual, emotional and/or psychological support.
Please note that this second round of funding is open to YWCAs who are based in countries listed in the OECD DAC List of ODA Recipients for 2020
As this links to an institutional donor, the call for proposal timeline and process have been adapted and shortened to be in line with donor guidelines. The World YWCA therefore requests that the YWCA member associations respect the strict deadlines included in the documents below:
Click on the links to download the documentation in English:
Cliquez sur les liens pour télécharger la documentation en français:
Clic en los enlaces para descargar la documentación en español: