Our Priorities 2016-2019
The World YWCA advances the empowerment, leadership and rights of women, young women, and girls in 120 countries around the world. We do this through both programmatic and advocacy work.
Our key strategic priorities include:
- Strengthening young women and girls’ transformative leadership;
- Realising human rights; and
- Sustaining the Movement.
Within this framework, our global focus areas over the next four years are:
- Transformative young women and girls’ leadership
- Violence against women and girls
- Child, early and forced marriage
- Peace and justice
- Sexual reproductive health and rights
- Economic empowerment and information and communication technology
- Social, economic and environmental justice and faith and culture