The World YWCA offers a family-friendly, diverse and inclusive work environment. Our organization is also always looking for volunteers! If you are passionate about women’s leadership and women’s rights and are interested in volunteering, please send your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
Finance and Operations Associate
The World YWCA is seeking a dynamic Finance and Operations Associate to help support our work to promote young women’s leadership and women’s rights. You are organized, detail-oriented and impact-driven, with strong relationship building skills.
Closing date: 17 July 2018
Starting date: To be discussed
Type of contract: Permanent
Reference: YWCA- F&OPA
Specific requirement:Swiss / Work permit
Website Link: http://www.worldywca.org/
About The World YWCA
The World YWCA has an ambitious goal: to reach 100 million young women and girls and transform power structures to end gender inequality by 2035.
Established in 1855, the World YWCA is the world’s oldest women’s movement. With member associations in 109 countries, it works to fulfil human rights and make gender equality a reality. The World YWCA is a learning organization in which there is recognized mentorship across generations. Sixty percent of the members of the World Board are aged 30 and under.
The World YWCA mobilizes and connects millions of young women around transformational change, provides leadership opportunities. It also actively works to influence policies, regulations and social and community norms which prevent the realisation of rights and leadership potential of women. It does this by creating opportunities for young women advocates at global and regional policy-setting platforms such as the African Union, the Commission on the Status of Women and the Human Rights Council.
Through its member associations around the world, the World YWCA strives to provide safe, inclusive, non-judgmental and confidential spaces for women and girls to discuss issues such as Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, HIV, and violence.
The World YWCA has three strategic priorities:
- Strengthening young women’s and girls’ transformative leadership
- Realising human rights, in particular sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Growing a social movement for transformational change
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Associate will report to the Finance and Operations (F&O) Specialist and the Deputy General Secretary. She will be responsible for:
- Handling accounting and financial bookkeeping
- Involvedin the production of financial statements and applications to grants, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Work closely with the Finance and operation specialist to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Delivering on daily financial tasks, including invoicing (member associations’ affiliation fees and other invoices) , preparing payments; following up on expenses etc
- Handling petty cash management, bank accounts and bank reconciliations
- Preparing receipts for grants and thank you letters
- Managing HR tasks:
- Preparing an HR welcome booklet and leading the welcome process for new staff
- Handling HR administrative requests, such as permits,
- Controlling and following up on staff timesheets and leaves
- Managing the HR email boxes
- Managing office administrative work (ordering stationary, following up on admin contracts and invoices, overseeing office maintenance,…)
- Serving as the IT contact for problem-solving with IT suppliers
- Managing contacts
- Receptionist function (door-welcome guests) in collaboration with Executive Assistant (who has receives the phone calls for the office)
- Covering for the Executive Assistant in her absence in collaboration with the Special Projects & Advisor to the GS
- Supporting the Deputy GS and the Finance & Operations Specialist as requested
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good command of Office tools (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook)
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- French (reading, writing, verbal)
- Strong experience in a similar role (3-4 years’ experience at minimum)
- Knowledge and experience in accounting (experience with the IFRS is an asset) and petty cash management
- Proficiency in SUN accounting system
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Good analytical ability and good problem solving ability
- Excellent relationship building skills, creativity, drive and enthusiasm with the ability to build strong, trusting relationships.
- Strong communication skills; excellent verbal and written English and French is essential,
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Capable of multitasking and performing general administrative skills
- High levels of concentration and attention to detail
- Great organizational skills used in planning own work
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Calm and professional disposition
- Young women under 30 y.o are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to World YWCA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating YWCA- F&OPA /+your surname in the subject line. To apply for this role, attach:
- your CV (in English,
- a motivation letter (two pages maximum) that summarises how your profile aligns with the key requirements of this role,
- Your work certificates
- Your diplomas